The Chicago Team works to improve local level policies and practices that affect and are affected by our changing climate. In our monthly meetings, we educate each other about what is going on in our community and strategize about how we as a team, and in collaboration with others, can minimize climate change and build climate resilience in the City of Chicago.
This group complements and collaborates with the Suburban Climate Action Plan Team.
- Encourage increased composting in Chicago, in collaboration with the Illinois Food Scrap and Composting Coalition (IFSCC)
- Ensure effective implementation of Chicago’s Climate Action Plan
- Identify opportunities to assist with effective use of resources available through the Chicago Climate Infrastructure Fund
- Promote the re-establishment of a Chicago Department of the Environment, in collaboration with the Illinois Environmental Council (IEC)
- Support the Illinois Clean Jobs Coalition (ICJC) in efforts to introduce legislation about building decarbonization
- Advocate a pilot program to explore using city streetlights as EV charging stations
- Provided well-researched feedback to help shape the City’s Climate Action Plan and We Will Chicago