Chapter Election 2021
Roles up for election:
(Each for 1-year term, April 1–March 31)
Jan. 21: Chapter Meeting — Election announced
Jan. 28: Self-nominations open
Feb. 18: Chapter Meeting — Second election announcement
Mar. 11: Self-nominations close
Mar. 12: Last chapter membership list eligible to vote in the election
Mar. 18: Chapter Meeting — Candidate presentations; Voting opens and ballots emailed
Mar. 25: Voting ends at midnight CST
Mar. 26: Results announced (two non-candidate members audit)
Apr. 1: Transition to new Chairs/Leadership Committee
Apr. 15: Chapter Meeting — Leadership Committee announce at-large chairs**
**At-large chair positions are described below.
Election 2021 Candidates
— Candidate statements will be shared soon after self-nominations close on March 11th. —
- Only the Chapter Chair position requires a member to be a trained Climate Reality Leader (i.e. a member of the Climate Reality Leadership Corps). All other roles are open to all members.
- Members can run as an individual or paired with another member as a Co-Chair pair (individuals work out partners in advance).
- Time commitments vary based on the position but expect to commit 5+ hours per week which includes calls and meetings.
- Term: One year (April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022)
- Term Limit: Maximum of two one-year terms in any given role unless unchallenged. Individuals are eligible to run for a different position if they have reached a term limit in a specific role. If there are no applicants for a role for which a person has reached a term limit, they may run again.
- Interested candidates must use the Self-Nomination Form to officially submit their application by March 11th at midnight CT. Your answers will become your candidate statement giving members a sense of your goals for the position and as a member of the Leadership Committee on which chairs serve with a voting position.
- Candidates should plan to attend the chapter meeting on March 18th to read their candidate statement. If a candidate is unable to be present, their candidate statement will be presented on their behalf.
- All chapter members (as of March 12th) will receive an official ballot via email on March 18th (likely from Election Buddy), planned to be timed after our chapter meeting that ends at 7:30 pm CT. The ballot will present each candidate’s statement from the self-nomination form and each chapter member gets one vote per role.
- Note: As chapters nationally are young, these positions can use guidance on how to develop these roles and to continue to develop the structure of the chapter. Each chair is highly encouraged to build a team of members to assist in executing tasks which can alleviate the time commitment.
- The Climate Reality Election Guide can be viewed on our Member Google Drive* –> ‘0 Chapter’ –> ‘Chapter Election’ folder.
*If you don’t yet have access and are a member, simply click through to request access and you will be added.