Email committee leads directly to be added to communications to try out or join their committee.
— Campaign Committees —
These teams are part of the Campaigns Team and are policy driven.
— Community Committees —
These teams are initiated as a community of like-minded members around a climate-influenced topic. Policy is often still a target — as that’s where the highest level of change is typically found. However, these teams tend to have a more social, public-facing and/or educational component.
Zero Waste Warriors
Climate Action Book Club
These core teams form the foundational baseline of our chapter functions from which we started and which will remain. Each of these teams is seeking assistance in operating our core functionality — please let chairs know if interested in taking part on any of these teams!
Circles are areas of interest for a community of people to be brought together in climate action. From circles, future committees can be born.
- Circles remain dormant until a chapter member volunteers to serve as a lead at which point it becomes a committee.
- Also, if an action opportunity arise related to a topic, we’ll let you know — and won’t have to inundate all members with all things.
- Seek corresponding Slack channels for each of these topics, a place where all can share news and information pertaining to each circle. If you’re new to Slack, read our Slack Guide. Email us for help in joining our Slack channel.
- Review our Guidelines for Forming Committees if considering heading up a team. You don’t need to be an expert — mostly just a facilitator with a penchant for the topic. You’ll have full support of our Leadership Committee as we guide you through set up and help you launch!
- Let us know if you want to suggest a new circle!